How to dress up jeans
I used to be a t-shirt and jeans kinda gal. Then I got pregnant. My body went through changes…I didn’t feel like myself at all. After delivery, I lived in sweat pants and milk-stained t-shirts until my maternity leave was up. I felt disgusting. As my body begin to take it’s own shape again, my previous clothes seemed so blah. I wanted to better represent myself…to put more thought into how I looked. It’s been 3 1/2 years since my first pregnancy. I haven’t looked back since.
I still like to wear jeans, but with a little more pizzazz. Here’s what I do to kick things up a notch…
- Trade that t-shirt for a blouse to give more of a polished look.
- Add a fun statement piece of jewelry like a bib necklace or danglely earrings.
- Get rid of the gym shoes. Heels look great with jeans, but a cute pair of flats or sandals can work, too.
- Bring a little color to the look with a bright lip and/or a bag.
- The finishing touch…a little smile and self-confidence.
How do you keep things causal yet classy? And if you’re looking for a new blouse for those jeans of yours, make sure you’ve entered this giveaway!
blouse, jeans, clutch – thrifted // tank – Loft // earrings – vintage
Also linked with Watch What I’m Wearing!
- 7 Tips for Looking Great During Pregnancy (knockedupfabulous.wordpress.com)
- Frumpy to Fabulous (modestlychicstyle.wordpress.com)