I’ve been messing around with neon spray paint…spraying necklaces, bracelets, a pair of shoes…just about anything from my collection that could use a boost in color. Though I’m no spray painting expert, here’s a few tips I’ve learned through my trial and error:
- Make sure the item you’re going to paint is clean and dry.
- Wear rubber gloves when spraying.
- Use the paint outside on a warmish, windless day (cold or windy weather and paint don’t mix!) and on a covered surface (I sprayed on top of an old cardboard box).
- If you really want the color to pop, prime first with white paint.
- It’s best to do light coats of paint…don’t soak the item…you can always reapply later.
- Be patient! To paint this beaded necklace, it took me about a week (Everyday after work I’d spray a little …)
I know some tips sound like no brainers, but incase you haven’t used spray paint before (*hand raised*) I thought these tips might help. Have you thought about spraying some of your unused things? For a few bucks, it’s a real easy way to add some color to make old things new again.
necklace – Busia / jacket – Loft / shirt (Loft) – thrifted / shoes – Sears
Linked with High on Thrifting Thursday!